Katie & Josie started school this week. For Katie, it was as easy as last year. Josie, however, is using the ABeka videos for the first time. She now realizes that Mom was an easy teacher. The videos require a little more work than she is used to. Rodney has been warning me that I was too easy on her. She is going to have to get used to doing her work without me right beside her. That requires her to think about things and figure out the directions on her own. She has cried a few times this week; so pray for her.
The nanny also started work this week. She is a single mother with one 7 year old son. Her husband left her when she got saved. So she has raised her son on her own since he was 7 months old. Her name is Rosa, and she speaks no English! We are teaching each other.
We have bought just about everything we need to have the house set up. The only item we are lacking is a dining room table/chairs. We have a small temporary table and plastic chairs right now. We just haven't been able to find what we want for what we are going to have to pay. We are considering having a set built. It will be just as cheap as buying something already made. We will just have to wait for about 45 days to get it.
Ever heard of "Montezuma's Revenge"? Well, I've got it. I must have eaten something that wasn't cleaned properly. I have been sick for the past two days! Pray for me to get over this quickly. It can last awhile, and we have a busy week next week.
5 comments:
Aww, poor Josie! She will get into the routine shortly... I am so glad that yall are getting settled in and can't wait to see more pics!Hopefully you will feel better soon!
Good to hear that you are getting settled. We will keep you all in our prayers and I'm sending extra prayers for you and Josie. We love you guys and miss you so much!
I hope you feel better soon... Hang in there Josie you can do it!
Angela
Hey Faye- I hope you feel better soon! Y'all are in my prayers! And Josie will be fine! Oh and I want to hear more about the nanny! Is she living with you?
I miss you guys. Praying for you and your family. Tell everyone I said hi.
aaron holt
Post a Comment