I just want to apologize for the lack of posts since January. Our computer is in bad shape, so I don't get on the Internet as often as I should.
I'll write this post to catch you up with what's been going on with us.
*Rodney's mom came down to visit for a month. She arrived mid January and left mid February. We had a great time. We showed her around Arequipa and the ministry here. She came to language school with us one day, and she attended the services at Omega Baptist Church with us. We also took her to one of the churches that is pastored by a national. I'll post pictures of her visit later.
*While Rodney's mom was here, we decided to take a weekend trip to the beach. She had never seen the Pacific Ocean, so we left after church on a Sunday afternoon. The four of us, Rodney's mom, and Jeremy & Rebekah Hall took off on a 3 hour drive in our VW van. Halfway to the beach, the van motor gave out. We were stranded in the middle of the desert for about 5 hours. Jeremy had to hitch a ride into the next town, and the Lord blessed by allowing him to find an acquaintance of ours from Arequipa. This man pulled the van to the next town. We arrived later than we expected, but we arrived safely! The van is still being repaired, but the Lord provided the funds for a new motor. He is so good to us!
*We travelled to Lima to finalize the paperwork for Katie & Josie's residency status. We are all legal residents of Peru now. Our next step, will be to apply for citizenship after we've obtained 2 years straight in the country.
*We have begun discipleship classes at our house on Monday and Friday nights. On Monday nights, there is a young couple that comes for discipleship, and on Friday nights, the adoloscents (10-16 years old) meet at our house. Efrain Tello teaches a lesson, and the kids have snacks and games. Two weeks ago, we had one young girl talk to him about getting saved. Please pray for her.
*We are finishing book 2 of language school this week. Katie is speaking Spanish like she's been in language school for twice the time that we have, but she has not had a bit of language school. Oh, to be 13 again!! At 35 & 36 years old, our brains are just not what they used to be. But...the Lord is blessing, and we are learning!!(Just not as fast as the kids!!!)
*My mom has one chemo treatment left. She has been doing very well. She has gained back much of the weight she lost, and she is in good spirits. Please continue to pray for her though. The last time I talked to her, her blood count was down, and the last chemo treatment had to be postponed.
Needless to say, we are staying busy. Thank you for all of your prayers on our behalf. I promise I will do better with keeping the blog up to date. Check back soon for lots of pictures.
2 comments:
YAY for the update! So good to hear from yall and that she got to come visit! Tell Katie that I am so proud of her for whipping yall in Spanish and I am proud of yall too! Still praying for your mom and for all of you down there! How is Josie doing? Yall take care and let me know if there is anything I can do here! What is your mom's address?
Oh and my email is kathryn.knight@dor.ga.gov if you need if for anything. Love yall
Post a Comment